Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Better Day

We all had a better day today. 
It is amazing what sleep can do. 
It is even more amazing what prayer can do. 
Thank you so much for praying for us.  God is answering.
Thank you so much for encouraging us.  We feel so blessed by you all.  Thank you.

The comments, messages, texts and emails we received today have been incredible.
I think it will take a few days to process through them all.  You should read them.  Good stuff.
Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.
Thank you for letting Jesus love us through you.  He is so beautiful in you.  :-)

Jude Updates:
  • He is still unbelievably cute.
  • His blood pressure is more stable, and he is peeing a little bit more.
  • He was more awake today, and we had some sweet quality time with him.
  • The plastic surgeon said that the head wound is stable and we will continue to watch it.
  • If it doesn't heal on its own (please pray it does), then we will go back to surgery in 3-4 weeks.
  • The mystery black stuff on his dressing yesterday remains just that...a mystery.  Weird.
  • They found some bacteria in his lungs again.  Please pray for him to be infection-free.
  • His white blood cell count was down to 9000!  We like that number.
  • He still is receiving great care from his doctors and nurses.  
  • Please keep praying for the needs from yesterday.  They continue.

Caleb Updates:
  • He is still unbelievably cute. 
  • He is still loving being with his cousins. 
  • He is in Awana Cubbies. 
  • He and his cousin Seth are apparently inseparable.
  • He isn't a huge fan of talking on the phone and is always eager to go play.
  • We're glad that he isn't missing us too much.
  • We are so thankful to Christine and Tony and Jeff and Julia for taking such great care of him.
  • We love that he has this time to get to know his cousins so well.
  • Please keep praying for him to thrive there.  He is.  

We are still tired.  We miss Caleb a lot too.
Earlier, we drove by a fountain he had played in the week before Jude was born.
I started to picture him laughing and running and playing,
and I found myself shutting off the thoughts to hold back tears.  Tonight, I let them flow.
I would really love to squeeze both of my babies together.
But, the Lord knows the best timing.
And this is still part of Caleb's story.  Just as it is Jude's.
We're so thankful that while our vision is limited,  His is not.
He sees it all.  He is the God who sees.

Today was a better day.
But as our friend Holly reminded us,
a much better day is coming.
A day when Jesus will make all things new.
A day when things will be restored forever to the way they should be.
A day when glory "far outweighs" these trials, even though now they feel so heavy.
A day when not only will Jude's broken body be healed...but us and our struggles with sin as well.

Thank You, Jesus.
We look forward to that day.

8 comments:

amyfaith said...

prayers going up daily! love to you and your men.

Kathy said...

Psalm 52:8-9 But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

We love you and are praying for you!

Pastor Gordon and Kathy

Anonymous said...

Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh...Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven.
Luke 6:21, 23

God bless you, precious family! Here is a word for you:

God is proud of you, God is pleased with you, He has you in His hands!

Praying for your family everyday.

Elizabeth

Beth said...

I just read this psalm this morning:

God, the one and only - I'll wait as long as he says. Everything I need comes from him, so why not? He's solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, and impregnable castle: I'm set for life.

My help and glory are in God - granite-strength, and safe-harbor God - So trust him absolutely, people; lay your lives on the line for him. God is a safe place to be.

Psalm 62

Bob Bales said...

We are praying for your family. Thank you for these posts to let others follow along. I am a cousin from the Pierce clan in Mooreland. I have followed Dean and Angie's posts on FB. Stay strong in your faith.

Bob Bales

Bob Bales said...

We are praying for your family. I am a cousin from the Pierce clan in Mooreland. I have followed Dean and Angie's posts on FB. Stay strong in your faith.

Bob

Tisca1978 said...

Amiga!
todos, pero TODOS los dias pienso en ustedes!
Seguimos orando... :)

Katie said...

Mandy, I was so glad to hear that Jude was finally able to have the surgery. Matt and I are continuing to pray for you and your family and hoping that you won't have to be seperated much longer.

Post a Comment