Tuesday, October 25, 2011

All Things New


Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth,
for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,
prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,
“Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man.
He will dwell with them, and they will be his people,
and God himself will be with them as their God.

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,
and death shall be no more,
neither shall there be mourning,
nor crying,
nor pain anymore,
for the former things have passed away.”


And he who was seated on the throne said,
“Behold, I am making all things new.”
Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
And he said to me, “It is done!
I am the Alpha and the Omega,  the beginning and the end.
To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.  
The one who conquers will have this heritage,  and I will be his God and he will be my son.
  
(Revelation 21:1-7 ESV)

5 comments:

Angie Cousins said...

Oh how I long for that day...

amyfaith said...

Praise God!!! prayers & love from colorado

Rebecca Carney said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I, too, long for that day. I just felt like I should share a poem our son, Jason, wrote:

The Return

In the blink of an eye, there came a stillness in mid-storm.
The thunder ceased its roll, and the lightning its bolts
The rain dried its drops, and the clouds parted with anticipation.

From the sky there came a sound,
The sound of a solitary note.
Without hesitation, a chorus of voices joined
Filling the sky in joyous song.

Slowly, a man descended
With arms wide open – ready to embrace.
He had a sparkle in his eye
And his face beamed, giving unknown comfort.

Like a wave across the ocean,
The earth’s population fell to the ground.
Their eyes filled with tears of joy
For they knew they were going home.

Like a father’s touch across the face there came a breeze.
In that instant, a whirlwind of fire engulfed the earth,
And the long awaited reunion finally came to pass.

By Jason Carney (written September 2000)
7/29/82 - 3/3/02

Leslie said...

We're still praying for you. We will keep praying. God bless and much love in these hard days to come.


BE STILL AND KNOW
Steven Curtis Chapman

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is holy
Be still, O restless soul of mine
Bow before the Prince of peace
Let the noise and clamor cease

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that He has done
Stand in awe and be amazed
And know that He will never change
Be still

Be still, and know that He is God
Be still, and know that He is God
Be still, and know that He is God

Be still; Be speechless

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know He is our Father
Come rest your head upon His breast
Listen to the rhythm of His unfailing heart of love
Beating for His little ones
Calling each of us to come
Be still, Be still

julie wolfe said...

I pray that the Lord will give you all the peace and grace to handle the following weeks and months to come. He will hold you when no one else can comfort you. I still look to Ps 121 for help. I love you all so much! If you need anything please don't hesitate to call(522_3983)

Post a Comment