Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back Home


We are home now.

When we came home, we found:
 
Our house had been cleaned again.
Our front door had been replaced.
The refrigerator was stocked with groceries.
There was a meal waiting for us.
Fresh flowers were on the counter.
Hot mugs of apple cider were steaming.
Friends were waiting to help us unload.
Millie was eager to see us.
And, our front porch was filled with beautiful flowers.
It was a lovely sight.

We are so blessed.
Thank you all so much.

Our trip to Illinois was really good and just what we needed.
We love that kid so much, and it was wonderful to be with him again.
It was especially funny to occasionally be called
"Aunt Mandy" and "Uncle Brandon" by our own son.
:-)
 
He remains in Illinois until Friday so we can work out the details together
and try to get used to the idea of being home without our baby.
 
Please continue to pray for him as he processes through what has happened.
He is so little, and it is hard to understand.
Please pray for us as well as we plan the next few weeks
and as we continue to miss our sweet baby boy.
Thank you.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Caleb is gorgeous! It fills my heart with happiness to know that you had such a sweet homecoming. God Bless you! You all continue to be on my heart and in my prayers.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Awe that is kinda funny for him to call you aunt and uncle. I will pray for his transition to be a smooth one. And I will continue to pray for all of you. You have touched our hearts and am so blessed to have met all of you especially little jude.
Jessie -Elijahs mommy

Jen said...

Nothing nor No one can replace your lost child but God did give you Caleb. Each child is special and your heart will always ache but as a family it will get better in time. A loss is a loss no matter how it occurs. I can't wait to see you, I wish it was under different circustances, but we will get to be together as a family once again. Love you Aunt Jenny, Emily and Kristen.

Anonymous said...

Mandy - you are such a beautiful person!!!1111111111 I'm so sorry to hear about Jude, but know that he is in a better place and well taken care of!!!! Eric, Dominick, Madison, Sydney, Graison, and I love and miss you, Brandon, and Caleb deeply!! I wish I was there to comfort you and deliver Tortilla soup to you like you did for us. God will continue to richly bless you like you have blessed others.

Daika

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I am Angie Smith Cousins' friend from HighSchool... and I found your link on her blog. I have been praying for you. I don't pretend to know at all what you are going through, but even as my heart breaks for you I do believe that God is in control, as you do! I just decided to write instead of just lurk since I just noticed Jude's birthday is the same as mine, August 15th. May you have peace and strength to walk through the days ahead.
Sarah

Mrs. H said...

I am so thankful you have such a BEAUTIFUL boy and wonderful friends taking care of you! Thinking of you ever so much. And praying. love love love.

Liz and Phil said...

Love that you called right before this picture and now I get to see it! Looks like a very fun trip! Really glad you guys were blessed by wonderful friends in NM. Really looking forward to seeing you soon, crying, laughing, celebrating Jude's life with you guys! We miss you all so much!

Diana Maldonado Tiscareno said...

Que hermoso eres Caleb!! extraniamos esa sonrisa, Luca te recuerda siempre!!

Post a Comment