- Jude's white blood cell count is high today. So, they are doing some more tests and waiting on his heart surgery.
- His platelets were low, and so he received a platelet transfusion to make sure he is ready for surgery when the time comes.
- He is probably going to get a peritoneal dialysis catheter to get rid of fluids and relieve swelling. This could happen during his heart surgery or in a separate, earlier trip to the operating room.
- Jude seemed really sick and uncomfortable yesterday. We're not sure if it was due to the infection or complications with trying to digest milk. It was really hard to leave him, and I stayed at the hospital last night. Today, however, he seemed really comfortable. He had a much better day.
- He has had considerably less CSF leakage around the suture line. We're so grateful for that!
- for continued wisdom for the doctors as they discuss the best timing for his surgery.
- for healing from his infection.
- for Jude's swelling to decrease in spite of the increased fluid intake (lots of antibiotics).
- for his wound to continue to heal. The surgeons have been pleased with it. :-)
t h a n k y o u