Thanks, Lord, so very much for your abundant goodness and your power to work. Thanks that we are getting to see You move daily as only You can. Truly, every good and perfect gift is from You.
50 things I'm grateful for tonight...
Idea copied from my sweet friend, Tasha's, blog. :-)
1. Jude's creatinine was at 0.5 today...an incredible jump and the ideal number for surgery!
2. The x-ray of his lungs looks wonderful. The respiratory therapist called it the best in the PICU.
3. The neurosurgeon was "wonderfully happy" upon seeing his CT scan two weeks after surgery.
4. Our UNM nurse, Melissa, is a good friend of a good friend, Chrissy. God keeps taking care of us.
5. The neurosurgeon said that we could go back to Pres today as far as he is concerned.
6. The ICU doctor wants to keep us at UNMH to watch the incision. We agree.
7. My husband is amazing. This time together has been good...kind of like a really long date.
8. There are cooked meals waiting when we come home to the Ronald McDonald House.
9. We got an hour today with Jude wide awake with eyes open.
10. Friends came to visit today from Cruces.
11. I got a box full of cards and gifts from friends from home (Indiana) that made me cry. Thanks!
12. Jude has been accepted for Medicaid. Still not sure what that means, but we're grateful.
13. Our staff team and students of NMSU Cru are amazing. We love and miss you guys!
14. Good friends back home are fixing our broken Civic. Thank you!
15. We received the cutest little crocheted hat with ears for Jude...and I can't wait for him to wear it.
16. Our friend's daughter, Ellie, has not had any more seizures.
17. We found a library of children's books in the hospital. We read lots of Dr. Seuss to Jude today.
18. I read Are you my Mother? and Barnyard Dance to Caleb over the phone today. Sweet time.
19. We can Skype with our little man in Illinois.
20. My mom is helping out with the American Red Cross relief efforts for Irene in Vermont.
21. I had a good follow-up appt with my OB. So grateful that my body is healing well.
22. Jude seems to be growing stronger everyday and is becoming more active.
23. The neurosurgeon today called our sweet boy a little fighter.
24. We saw a smile today. :-)
25. There is free laundry at the RMDH, and Brandon did ours today while I stayed with Jude.
26. We have a Tempurpedic bed here, and it's lovely.27. We have a nice bed to sleep on in Jude's room.
28. Good friends back at home are taking care of our house and our sweet cat.29. We are lacking nothing right now. God is providing everything.
30. Jude has had no more problems with blood pressure. No more dopamine.
31. Caleb is going to be five in less than two weeks. It looks like he'll still be in Illinois.32. I have not had problems sleeping since I asked for prayer for insomnia a few months ago.
33. Though Jude isn't eating yet, pumping breast milk has been going really well.
34. My husband carries around everything heavy for me all day long.35. Brandon drives me all around town because I can't currently drive.
36. We still feel really loved by friends and family...and friends we have yet to meet. :-)
37. The prayers of His people are being answered.
38. Our little boy thrives when we hold him. His vitals are always great.
39. Friends brought me papercrafting supplies to make a mobile for my baby.
40. I have a seriously cute model for current and future photo shoots.
41. The Lord has been really blessing our marriage as we pray and seek Him together.
42. We are learning more about what it means that He is our Rock.43. Friends bring us milkshakes from Route 66 Diner and bagels from Einsteins.
44. Caleb has been very well cared for by his aunts and uncles.
45. Jude has great nurses and has had really great care as well.46. We are going to bed early tonight.
47. "The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." Ps 29:11
48. "...He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion in Christ Jesus." Phil 1:3
49. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9
50. "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this:While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8