Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Good Day

Today was a good day.


I got to see a lot of this little guy:
I was able to hold him for over four hours....most of which was spent sleeping together.

We also found out that this is looking better:
Baby Boy's X-ray:  His right lung (our left) is clouded with secretions (mucus).

And so they are planning on trying to take this out tomorrow: 
Ventilator Tube

One more monitor will be turned off.  :-)
Ventilator Monitor

And we'll get to see what's under this tape:


This man was also pretty amazing to me...
Brandon singing hymns to Jude
He surprised me with breakfast in bed for my birthday.
It's our family tradition, but we aren't allowed food in our room here.
He worked it all out, and I was very surprised.
 


And though we're so glad he is where he is, we missed this guy a lot:   
@ the Explora museum...the day before we said goodbye

It was a good day.

       Please keep praying      
for the prayer requests in my earlier posts.
Please pray for the removal of the ventilator tomorrow...
that he would thrive without it and that the process would go smoothly.
Please pray for his kidneys.  They aren't working well right now.
Please pray as well for good communication between me and Brandon.
Pray that this time would strengthen our marriage.

Thank you so much
for the prayers,
for the love,
for the gifts, 
for the encouragement, 
and for the birthday messages and cards. 

       WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!     


9 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

Mandy, the first thing I do each day is look to see what you've posted about Jude so I know how to pray for the little man! I am so blessed to be able to share in this journey with your family in the small way that I can. Thank you for sharing the burden with us so we can hold you all up in prayer. Your whole family is so loved!

Unknown said...

Oh, happy late birthday, sweet Mandy! So glad it was a good day for everyone.
Praying for your communication with your sweet husband, and for baby boy today as he gets another tube removed! Yay!

Esperita Maza said...

PTL! love you guys, I keep praying :*

Laura Dexter-Mooty said...

Sometimes words cannot express what the heart is trying to say or experiencing...no worries...take a moment every day to give each other a hug...a long hug...you both need it from each other...no words needed. You are all loved and prayed for...our good God knows your hearts...and hears our prayers. Thanks for the pics...Jude is so precious!

Diana Maldonado Tiscareno said...

Amiga lindo tu marido que pudo complacerte con desayuno en cama, que siga la tradicion familiar!! Muchas felicidades querida mia que Dios te bendiga siempre por ser una hija excepcional, sin duda una persona maravillosa!!!!
Aqui en casa seguimos orando por Jude, esperamos mejore de su pulmon y sus riñones puedan hacer su funcion. Que las necesidades de su cuerpo vayan dia a dia sindo menos. Gracias por compartir estas fotos con tus amigos son muy lindas, tengo la carita de Jude en mi mente, tan tierna!!... me derrite :)
un abrazo GRANDE con cariño para ti amiguita!
(cuando hables con Caleb dile que lo extraniamos y que luca desea verlo muy pronto de regreso!!)

Katie @ FaithBlogs said...

Mandy, we've been so blessed by your blog. When you get the chance, would you mind sending me an email at contactfaithblogs@gmail.com. I would love to be in touch with you. I apologize for leaving this in a comment, I didn't find your email address! Love the beautiful photos of your precious family, and your transparent faith. In Him, Katie Troup

Kellie said...

Oh Mandy, I can't wait to see under that tape!

Jackie said...

Mandy - I happened upon your blog today; a friend of mine had posted it on FB, and I was just drawn here and began to pray for your sweet little man. I live here in Abq, and although I know that you have some family and friends surrounding and supporting you, I just wanted to let you know that if you need ANYTHING - please let me know. I would be so happy to bring anything by, make food if you need it, stop by Walmart if you run out of something - anything. I know you don't know me, but we have the same Heavenly Father, so that makes us family. :) Praying for you.

Jackie said...

Sorry, forgot my email - it is designingmemories (AT) gmail.

Post a Comment