Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Accountability


With the husband home, I was able to get out today and do some hiking.
I really needed both the beauty and the exercise.
Somewhere mixed in with the goals I shared earlier,
is the universal New Year's resolution:
I want to exercise more.

Part of the Hello Mornings challenge each morning is to do 4 things:
Get out of bed.
Spend time with Jesus through prayer and reading/studying the Bible.
Exercise.
Plan your day.

I am not too unrealistic to think that I can do them all each day...
especially because the little boy's wake-up time varies.
And, schedules can be inconsistent.
But, it is so good for me to have a plan.

Tsh Oxenreider (Simple Mom) recently wrote an article with some helpful thoughts
In it, she writes of the importance of taking baby steps
as well as the importance of accountability, or making your resolution public.

I know I definitely need the accountability...
and this challenge (and blogging) has already helped with that.
I really want to reshape my mornings...
and as a result, my days.
Also, I am thinking that if I want to change my morning routine,
I am going to need to change my evening routine as well.

So, I will no longer blog every night...
so I can try to make it to bed a little earlier.
I still hope to blog consistently, but I really want to make Jesus first.
I need Him pretty desperately.

What helps you stick with your resolutions?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Watching you and how you lead your life helps me. Love listening to your music and seeing what you are tryig to accomplish in your life. Watching your strength:-)

amyfaith said...

agreeing with jen & thanking you for your witness. the importance of accountability. when i decided to not only to read the bible with joni but also to memorize a verse every week i was led to James. this verse said it all to my life:"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds,because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."
thanking Jesus for His perfect world. agreeing that i want Jesus first. love & prayers continue from colorado.

Post a Comment