And, tonight I am missing him.
Over the course of these months, the Lord has shown Himself faithful.
And, tonight I am thankful.
- that his life didn't end on October 21st...but really only just began.
- for Jesus...God made flesh who dwelt among us...that we "might not perish but have eternal life."
- for the molds and prints we have of our baby's hands and feet.
- for all the photos and videos we have.
- for the record of Jude's life on this blog.
- for how my baby has changed my world.
- for friends who will forgive me for not calling or responding yet.
- for a husband who watched Caleb so I could get out and spend some time at Starbucks with my Bible and my journal.
- for a car repair that wasn't too significant.
- for a really good vet who is helping us with our cat's new health issues.
- that Caleb uses the new word "swack" in his daily vocabulary.
- that the ophthalmologist today gave us a good report for Caleb. No more patching and no surgery! :-)
- for a husband who plays board games and wrestles with his son.
- for the uncontrollable giggles that can be heard during the aforementioned wrestling/tickling matches.
- for a chance to watch a few minutes of college basketball tonight.
- for joy in the midst of sorrow.
- for the beauty that can be found in the midst of such pain.
What we don't know, He does.
What we don't see, He sees.
What we can't do, He can.
Our lives are safe in His hands.
Thank You, Lord.
בָּעֶרֶב יָלִין בֶּכִי וְלַבֹּקֶר רִנָּה
Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5