Saturday, September 13, 2008

Two years ago today...

...I was very uncomfortable...and very excited.  

I can't believe it has already been two years.  Caleb was born on September 14, 2006...two days late and very wrinkly.  I was due on the 12th, and my mom had been in town for weeks so that she could be there for her first grandson.  We were all eager to meet him. 

My due date had come and gone.   I was at Sam's stocking up on necessities, and as I was leaving I started losing some peripheral vision.  My doctor told me to go to the hospital to get checked out, and they wouldn't let me leave.  I was induced, and thirteen hours later...Caleb Gregory Pelton was born at 3:09am.  



These pictures were taken at the place my mom rented while she was here...one or two days before one of the most amazing people in the world entered our lives. 

And now I have to go to bed.  I have been staying up too late watching Hurricane Ike on CNN and converting a Hannah Montana guitar pinata into a boy-friendly guitar pinata for my little boy's guitar party tomorrow.  Wanna come?  :-) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been two years already! You are so cute in these pictures and I can't believe how little your belly was! You don't look like you were at all ready to have a baby!

Wish I were there to celebrate with you guys!

Love, Laura

Mrs. H said...

OOH! i'd come if i could! you were the cutest little pregnant mama ever, mandy! i mean it! you looked great!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your little guy--i hope his party is great!

Post a Comment