Saturday, August 9, 2008

Do you have Verizon?

A good friend, Holly, let us know the other day that Campus Crusade staff get a discount with Verizon.  We were thrilled because our monthly bill isn't exactly low.  I was really grateful she shared that with us, and so I thought I would share some things I have learned about how to not get ripped off by my favorite cell phone company. 

1) VCAST  -  When examining my bill a few months ago, I noticed a fifteen dollar data usage charge.  I think that's what it was called.  When I called them about it, I found out that the charge was for something called VCast, and I had been paying fifteen dollars a month for it for a year or so.  According to the company, it is automatically activated when you get certain kinds of phones.  It is free for the first month, but then you start paying if you don't cancel it.  When I complained about it, they credited me what I had paid for it for a few months back.  Needless to say, I think it is a scam to get more money from us. 

I checked it out on my dad's phone.  He had been paying it since the summer of '06.  When I cancelled it, they only gave him a few months credit as well.  He never used it once.  Neither had I.

2) Saving Minutes - I am sure most of you know this, but I know that some people surprisingly don't.  If you want to save minute usage on your phone, call your own phone number to get your voicemail.  It will go straight to your voicemail and it is in network.  Don't dial *86 or whatever it is.  :-) Verizon doesn't mention this either. 

Hope this is helpful!  I like saving money.  I especially dislike wasting it.  :-)

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment