Friday, February 15, 2013

46/365


Jude would have turned eighteen months today.

There are so many things I am missing about him tonight.

I miss the way he smelled
and his sweet little tape-covered cheek when I kissed it. 

I miss the way his fingers squeezed mine
and his beautiful, beautiful eyes.

I miss how he loved his back rubbed
and the angry face he made when the nurses did something he didn't like.

I miss how he fell asleep so peacefully when we were holding him.
I can still feel the weight of my baby in my arms.

I so look forward to the day when I get to hold him again.


Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.

James 1:17

4 comments:

Cait and Eric said...

Beautiful post, Mandy!

JulieS said...

Oh Mandy. I love how you show us your heart. Thank you for letting us into your love for Jude.

Holly said...

Sweet Jude. Izzy still talks about him! And I show him his picture on my phone. "Jude will get a new body someday!" he says. Gracie says, "Me too!" It's true! :) We miss him. His little cry face... his eyes. I'm so blessed to have met him. We love all 4 of you!

Mandy said...

Thank you, friends! :-) I love you!

Post a Comment