Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New name. Same message.

Caleb went a little crazy with all the "talks" we watched...though these faces are pretty typical when I pull the camera out.
Steve Sellers is in the background doing a Q&A session for staff.


This is how we spent much of this last week:  in front of a computer watching a live stream of Campus Crusade's staff conference at CSU in Fort Collins, Colorado.  Brandon was able to attend the first three days of the event, and Caleb and I watched from home.  It was such a unique and fun way to experience the conference, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to hear from our leadership as well as some amazing speakers...even from so far away. 

If you haven't heard, it was announced last Tuesday that the US branch of Campus Crusade for Christ is changing its name to Cru.  We are excited about the change, as we have already been using it here in the campus ministry since 2007.  Along with the change, many people have had reservations about the new name, and the media has created something of a negative firestorm as well.  Several articles have been written up that will hopefully address these concerns, and I have included some below.  If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or Brandon.  :-)


I love this organization.  The Lord changed my life my freshman year of college through Campus Crusade, and He continues to do so in the lives of countless others.  Having heard from our president, VP, and others this week, I am more confident than ever that this is an organization that is seeking after the heart of God.

(Added later):  And, since I respect John Piper so much, read his thoughts here

No comments:

Post a Comment