Sunday, May 27, 2012

This is how awesome our friends are...

A few weeks ago, we were spending some time together with our staff team.  Towards the end,  we were handed a box wrapped in red paper.  Inside the package was a scrapbook...filled with individual pages created in such fun, unique ways by many different friends...friendships that span the eight years of our life here.  As soon as I looked at the first page, I knew it was a priceless gift to treasure forever. 

Still crying while looking at the book, Holly handed me another gift to open...one that she said was also a collaboration of many friends.  As I began to open it, she crouched down in front of me with her video camera.  I couldn't imagine what kind of gift could merit filming.  A little nervous (and still crying), I opened it.  Inside, was a simple piece of paper (shown to the right).  If you can't tell from the photo, they gave us a vacation!  On the back of the paper were the words, "...you get to pick" as well as the details and the list of amazing people who made this happen.

WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!  We are heading to the Mexican island of Cozumel in a little over a week.  It is still so hard to believe...even as I see it in writing.  Caleb will stay with our amazing family in Illinois (thank you, C & T), and we will spend our days snorkeling, reading, and eating Mexican food.  We (all three of us) can't wait! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
You guys love us too well sometimes.  :-)

p.s.  We were given another very special gift that night.
I will share about it sometime in the future.

3 comments:

amyfaith said...

Praising God for your chance to get away and enjoy each other in the midst of all the changes. Thankful Caleb has his "people" to be with while you do. Prayers continue from colorado.

Melissa Stone said...

The Lord is amazing and has provided you with amazing friends. I am so glad you will get some time to fall into His hands in allow your heart to heal a little more and more each day! What amazing friends that show His love through words and actions!

Anonymous said...

Mandy, what an amazing gift, how blessed we are by the family God provides and surrounds us with, I hope you all have a wonderful, restful time and I hope we can get together while you are in Orlando!! If you ever want to visit the beach you all are welcome to stay with us. :) Jenny Best

Post a Comment