Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why I am not blogging...

Lately, I haven't been blogging as much. I haven't been blogging as much because I haven't been taking pictures as much. I haven't taken many pictures for two main reasons: 1) My home has been absorbing all of my creative energy...and 2) I haven't taken very many good shots. And I just found out why.

My camera is broken. There is something wrong with it, and now I need to send it into Nikon. I think that there is something wrong with the light meter, and so it will be out of commission for a while. I am sad. Honestly, it seems that technology is getting a shorter and shorter life span these days. But, it may all have something to do with the fact that Caleb somehow got a hold of it and dropped it. Crazy kid. And Julia, if you are reading this and still haven't bought your new camera...one thing to add is that the more expensive the camera, often the more difficult and expensive it is to fix.

Minutes after I realized this, I shattered our patio door. There are literally huge shards of glass protruding from it, and I am not sure how I will keep Caleb away from it. Thankfully, however, God reminded me yesterday once again of how He really does care to answer prayers about such things. After over a week of a massive plumbing problem, an amazing plumber (the second of two to attempt it) fixed our drain after two days of work and only charged us $100. I thought we would have to break into our emergency fund. We were amazed.

"Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you." 2 Peter 5:7

2 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

I am reading :)!! Good to think about. Kind of like buying a car...the more expensive the car, the more expensive the fixes. I'm thinking about the Canon xsi but haven't totally decided.

I'm so sorry about your camera and your door and your plumbing issues.

Angie Cousins said...

Bummer about your camera. How did you figure out that it was broken? I'm a little nervous because while I was in Florida I accidentally bumped into the wall and fell in the hot tub- while holding my camera! I held my camera above the water (thankfully)- but it bumped against the side of the hot tub- and scratched the side of my lens (but not the actual lens). Mu pictures haven't seemed quite as clear- but I may just be imaginign it! Anyway, hope the repair is quick and cheaper than you think!

Post a Comment